Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween

We are free from communism at the Braun Family Circus!

The kids had a blast trick-or-treating. But seriously, is it possible to NOT have a good time on Halloween? Running from house to house begging for candy?
Uncle Sam
(I want YOU!)

American Bald Eagle
(no lady at school, he is not a patriotic turkey!)

Lady Liberty

A very tired little witch
We had some friends over before trick-or-treating and made mummy pizzas.

Then we tortured the the children by taking multiple pictures of them in their costumes before they could go! I took the kids out for a while and then Carolyn and I came home and handed out candy while Jim and the boys went out. My neighbor, Kim and I sat in the rocking chairs on the porch while Carolyn and her daughter Kristen handed out the candy. The weather was nice, the kids were polite and life was good!
We've lived so many different places and each city has had it's own traditions. In Saint Louis, when the kids trick-or-treat, they have to tell the candy-giver a joke before they can get their loot. Isn't that funny?
"Why don't mummies have many friends?
Because they are all wrapped up in themselves!" (Thanks, Grace!)
In Philadelphia, before you eat any of your candy, you have to weigh it and see how much you hauled. (We didn't know this our first Halloween there until the next day when everyone asked "How many pounds of candy did you haul in?")
I guess the tradition here is going to be to walk all the way to the back of the neighborhood to Mrs. Stacy's house. She works for Hershey and her house is legendary for the candy they give out! (Thanks, Stacy!)
So, in case you wondered, we have 14.5 lbs of candy at my house...any takers?

No comments:

I mom, therefore I blog.