Saturday, November 03, 2007

Happy Birthday, Jim!

38 things I love about you...

1. You make me laugh.
2. You are a wonderful dad.
3. You get up WAY early so you can go to work while the kids are asleep and be home at an (almost!) decent hour while they are awake.
4. You do the dishes (even if you didn't eat off of them!)
5. You take care of all that retirement/investment stuff so I don't have to try to understand it.
6. You let me put my icy feet on you to warm them up.
7. You tolerate my bald jokes.
8. You tell me I'm beautiful.
9. You are obnoxiously, ridiculously, horribly almost impossible to watch an LSU game with.
10. You make FANTASTIC jambalaya (Do I hear an "amen!", Kim?)
11. You are always ready for an adventure.
12. You are always willing to play in the backyard with the kids.
13. The way you wiggle your eyebrows.
14. You always drive on road trips so I can read. I know it has nothing to do with not wanting to deal with the little people in the backseat...
15. You treat Carolyn like a princess.
16. You say prayers with the kids every night.
17. You will go back downstairs to get whatever I forgot to bring up.
18. You always coach the kids' teams.
19. You take the time to explain to the kids what's going on in the game...unless it's close. or we are behind. or you are being #9.
20. You always notice when I get my haircut.
21. You help with the math homework so I don't have to.
22. You are a little superstitious about football games.
23. You always want me to watch the replays of great catches, throws, jumps, runs, interceptions...
24. You love my family.
25. You get so excited when you watch Christian and Coleman play soccer or lacrosse.
26. You always carry things up and down from the basement so I don't have to.
27. You always write something REALLY SWEET in my birthday cards.
28. You never forget the chocolate on Valentines' Day.
29. You bring me flowers for no reason.
30. You bring me flowers when you screw up!
31. You never expect me to say "I'm sorry" even when I'm wrong.
32. You always let me pick which side of the bed I want when we stay in a hotel. or move. (it comes up a lot!)
33. You really DON'T care where we eat.
34. You have as much fun at Gillian's as the kids do.
35. You are VERY ticklish!
36. You enjoy listening to me read aloud to the kids as much as they do.
37. You really don't sweat the small stuff.
38. You love me back!

No comments:

I mom, therefore I blog.