Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Tour of Homes

Today is the bloggy Christmas Tour of Homes...go check it out at BooMama's for a link to everyone who is participating. Here are some pictures of our home...



Enjoy the tour!

Outside we decorate with cranberry garland and evergreens and icicle lights.

In the dining room, more cranberry garland and evergreens (see a theme?)

Hanging from the chandelier are snowflakes ornaments my grandmother crocheted and some glass ornaments that my mom always hung from her chandelier...until she got tired of them and gave them to me!

Here is our main tree. It is covered with ornaments that the kids made and those we purchased on our travels. You can read more about our family traditions here.
On the shelves on either side of the fireplace I have the Christmas houses that my mother-in-law gave me.

Every year I replace the pictures in these frames with black and white Christmas pictures. I just keep them behind the frame and switch them out every year.
See Santa peeking out from the back? This is from the year Santa flew in to the Doylestown Airport in a helicopter and brought presents for all the kids.
On top of the piano are frames with our Christmas card pictures from years past. Also, one of our Nativity scenes...

In the kitchen I have a tree that has cookie cutters for ornaments. I love this tree! My mom found the bulk of the cookie cutters. She loves to have a "mission" when she is junking/antiquing! The cutters range from gingerbread men and angels to dinosaurs, giraffes and even a star of David!

Every year I buy a rosemary tree for the kitchen (with intentions of transplanting it outdoors...if it would only LIVE!) The ornaments on this tree are buildings from my hometown. Every year they commemorated a church, a building and an antebellum house. Except that they only did it for two years...and then stopped! The ornaments are strategically placed so that MAYBE you won't notice that there are only six of them!

And last but not least are the three fake snowballs we acquired last year when we moved to Georgia since there would be no more white Christmases!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, I love the black and white pictures. Have a Wonderful and Blessed Christmas.
Jamie Lea
http://www.xanga.com/homeschoolingthem

Susie said...

What a beautiful home-outside and inside! I love the cranberry garland! Your mantle and shelves look amazing! Merry Christmas to you.

Amy Martin said...

Thank you for sharing your home with us. It's gorgeous! Merry Christmas. ~~Amy

Amy Martin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hootin Anni said...

How so clever are the fake snowballs?!! I gotta love 'em.

My holiday slide show tour is THIS WAY

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea to put out some christmas photos. I also love the snowballs, although we are sitting over here with 10inches of snow.

Merry Christmas!

ohAmanda said...

That cranberry garland is the best! And the snowflakes just perfect it!! I like the snowballs--I'm in GA, too so I know what you mean. But wow did it get cold this week after that week of 70's we had last week!

Can't wait to look around your blog!

Kelly said...

You have a beautiful home!

Jessica said...

Everything is just lovely! You have a beautiful home! Merry Christmas to you and your's!

Diane Meyer said...

I personally love how much you read. :-) I don't have room for all my books on my blog, but it looks like we like alot of the same thing; eclectic. I can't believe you're reading Something Blue and Just Walk Across the Room. Love it.
Diane

Lauren said...

I just love your red and white dining room!

Phillips Family said...

The black and white photos are a great idea! Your home is beautiful..thanks for sharing!

Jenny said...

I love your idea of displaying black and white Christmas photos every year!

Anonymous said...

Hold on to your fake snowballs, sister! There is a 40% chance of snow showers next Wednesday! Of course, that is a week away so it could be 70 and sunny!

Unknown said...

What a pretty house you have! I like the idea to swap out the regular pictures with Christmas ones. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Waitingonyou2 said...

I need to get me some fake snowballs, too! I'm a transplant via Maine and I'd love to see a few flurries on Christmas morning! :D

Thanks for sharing your home with us!

Merry Christmas,

Erica

bigcitymama said...

fyi, I just transplanted my rosemary plant into a bigger terra cotta pot and keep it in my kitchen - it's been alive for years now!

His Doorkeeper said...

I love your lantern on the dining room table and the black and white pictures are wonderful! Thank you so much for the tour of your beautiful home. Blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

Love the picture idea. I will be totally borrowing that one! Welcome to GA!

I mom, therefore I blog.