Monday, March 31, 2008

Children of the World

Every year our church hosts the group, Children of the World. The children are all orphans or from disadvantaged homes in the Philippines, Uganda, India or Brazil. They tour the country for ten months, singing to raise money for shelters for children who have been orphaned by AIDS. The kids are ADORABLE. They sing and dance their hearts out, with lots of drums! My favorite part? When they sang Jesus Loves the Little Children-in all of their native languages and also English! This year we are lucky enough to have two of the boys staying with us for two nights. Gaidon and Malan are both eight years old and are from India. They live in an orphanage in a village that Malan says is too small to be on the map. (They are the two boys in tan on the right). They came home with us from the concert last night and will be here until Tuesday morning when they hit the road again. I'll post more pictures later, but here are some from the concert last night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks absolutely precious! I hate to have missed it!

Kim

Anonymous said...

Oh my. How are you not going to keep them? I don't know that I could give them back up!

Kim Thomas said...

This is incredible!

I mom, therefore I blog.