Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Plan-ner of Perfection!

In my B.C. days (this is Before Children...not to be confused with my age) I was a sales rep for a large clinical laboratory. I called on doctors all day and had scads and scads of paperwork to deal with. I had an AWESOME almost briefcase-sized planner. It had my address book and calendar in it, all of my project and to-do lists and was even large enough to put the folders of info I needed to take to my clients' offices. (I know, I am dating myself...this was before PDAs!) However, it was a great system to keep everything I needed together.
Then I became a stay-at-home mom. Which, as we all know, involves very little "staying at home." My ginormous planner was no longer practical, but neither was the calendar on the side of the fridge. Or the mini-address book in my purse that I couldn't keep updated. Or the numerous lists on the backs of receipts and scraps of paper or even written in crayon on a clean diaper...

So I got a normal-sized planner. It is too big to fit in my purse (but who wants that added weight, anyway?) I keep it in my car and it has EVERYTHING in it...phone numbers, insurance info, my calendar (I HAVE to have a paper calendar-month at a glance!) my address book, a page of phone numbers for all of the stores I frequently shop at, sports schedules, coupons, fabric swatches...anything I might need as I am running around. Now everything is in one place and since my car is almost always where I am, I can reference/update easily.
It works for me...now head over to Rocks in my Dryer for more Works For Me Wednesday tips!

4 comments:

Mom2fur said...

I love the idea of keeping a planner in the car! It often is our 'home away from home,' isn't it?

Jane said...

I want more details on the blackberry pearl.....

Kim Thomas said...

Nothing beats the Blackberry Pearl! It's the best phone and planner ever!

Anonymous said...

I've tried a couple of times to use an electronic organizer (although not the Blackberry as I despise my husband's) but there's something so satisfying to me to write things down on paper. Love my old fashion organizer, too!

I mom, therefore I blog.