Saturday, March 08, 2008

Setting Pretty

Shannon is hosting an impromptu dish carnival, so I decided to blow off the housework, I mean, play along! Here is my wedding china, Southern Vista by Lenox. Not necessarily what I would choose today, but it is pretty and I still like it. Most exciting is that after our move to Atlanta I finally got a beautiful china cabinet and the dishes are now displayed instead of boxed away! And yes, I use my china for every holiday.
These are our everyday dishes, English Countryside by Mikasa. I am still glad that I chose solid white dishes for every day. We have been eating off of them for fourteen years and I'm not tired of them. We even have almost all of them! I think the only thing we've broken are a few of the mugs. Which is odd, since we don't really use them.
And by far my favorite, are these-Franciscan Desert Rose. These dishes were my Memo's. She gave them to me when she moved into an assisted living center last year. When I think of my grandmother's house, I always think of these dishes! All of the Thanksgiving and Easter dinners, the summers I spent with her when she would make chicken and rice casserole simply because it was my favorite...
I also remember all of the time spent hand washing them...because she didn't have a dishwasher! And now they are mine and every time I pull them out, I think of her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom has those English Countryside dishes. I love them. I was going to copy her when I got married but I went out on a limb and registered for Italian Countryside.

What, no plastic kid dish set?

Anonymous said...

See Here or Here

I mom, therefore I blog.