Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Number One Fear

We are short of Sunday School teachers at our church for this summer. Our children's director asked if my three kids could stand up in big church Sunday and make a plea for teachers. (Hi, my name is Christian. I'm in the 5th grade and I need a Sunday School teacher this summer.)
No problem.
Carolyn and Coleman practiced a couple of times and were excited to do it. At the first service, they lined up according to age (with another little girl) and Carolyn was first.So far so good...
uh oh.
Not gonna make it...(Look how concerned Coleman looks! And Christian was being encouraging, whispering, "It's okay, you can do it!)
Moving on. Then the big kids' choir sang.
Round Two. At the second service, we tried reverse order.
Much better! This time she nailed it and even had a smile on her face. (Although I didn't get a smiling picture!)Then the big kids sang again and Christian accolyted.
And a lot of people signed up to be Sunday School teachers!

Surveys consistently show that public speaking is our NUMBER ONE fear. Death came in THIRD...public speaking is scarier that dying?

1 comment:

Kim Thomas said...

Hard to believe that Public Speaking is scarier than death.

They look adorable and I'm sure they were fantastic.

I mom, therefore I blog.