Friday, August 01, 2008

Memo

Please continue to pray for my Memo (pronounced Mee-mo).  She is recovering from surgery, but we are not sure of her prognosis yet.  This is a picture of her with her three daughters (my mom is the baby in her lap) from 1945.
My grandfather was home from the War when my mom was born and then left when she was four days old to go back.  My grandmother did not know how to drive before my grandfather left, so she taught herself by driving up the long driveway to the mailbox and then reversing back to the house.

This picture is of Memo and me when I was in college (1992?) in front of the house that my grandfather built.
Wish I had THOSE azaleas!

5 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

Like you, my Grandfather built my grandparents house...and there were Azaleas always growing in the yard.

I am praying for your Memo.

Jane said...

I am praying for your Memo also!

Hang in there and stay strong

Jane said...

I am praying for your Memo also!

Hang in there and stay strong

Jinjer said...

Praying for Memo. Sending all my thoughts and prayers!!

Paula said...

Sending our prayers too!

I mom, therefore I blog.