Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Eat a Big Mouth Burger, Fight Childhood Cancer!

  Did you know that September is National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month?  For our big Labor Day cookout yesterday-we went to Chili's.  Chili's is a corporate partner with St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.  Every September, Chili's sponsors the Create-A-Pepper to Fight Childhood Cancer campaign where you can color a pepper and donate money to St. Jude's.  We love Chili's and eat there quite a bit, but as you can imagine, we eat there a LOT in September!

Yesterday each of the kids colored a pepper.
(Which as an added bonus, keeps them occupied while waiting for our food to come.)
On the back, there is a place to write your donation amount...
Carolyn said, "I'm going to donate $50!"  
Good for you, sister, but it's coming out of your allowance!  
So she decided $1 was better.


But here is the BEST PART~

On Monday, September 29, Chili's donates 100% of their profits to St. Jude's!!!!  100%!  Over the last four years, Chili's has donated over $18 million dollars from their Create-A-Pepper campaign. Every year, we go for lunch and dinner and take as many people as we can.  So, want to join me?  If you are in the Atlanta area, consider yourself invited.  If you aren't, grab a group of friends and go!  And take a picture and send it to me and I'll post them all on this blog. 

Want to read more about it?  Click here. And don't worry... I'll keep reminding you!

5 comments:

Paula said...

I LOOOOVVE me some Chili's Buffalo Chicken Salad! I'll mark it on the calendar!

Troye said...

We are there, Dude!

Amy said...

Thanks for reminding me of this...we will definitely support the cause. Maybe we can even go to dinner sometime with both our families! :)

Kim Thomas said...

My favorite big mouth burger is the chipotle bleu cheese. yum!

Jinjer said...

I had no idea Chili's does this!! Awesome!

I mom, therefore I blog.