Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Pigs In A Blanket

(image lifted from Wikipedia!)
Pigs in a Blanket are a favorite around here for breakfast (and sometimes dinner, if I forget to take something out!)  The problem: if you put the cocktail sausages in the freezer (which is the ONLY way I would have them on hand in a pinch) they all freeze together and you have to defrost all of them for just one meal.  What works for me? When I buy a package of cocktail sausages, I divide them up into baggies of eight to match the number of crescent rolls in the can. When we decide to have pigs in a blanket, I pull out a baggie or two and a can or two of crescent rolls and everything matches up.  It works for me!  Now head on over to Shannon's for more Works For Me Wednesday tips.

When I was stealing lifting borrowing the photo from Wikipedia, I was amazed at all of the different variations of pigs in a blanket.  Cabbage? Seriously?!?

7 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

Hmm. I will have to check out the variations. YUMMY!

Paula said...

That's a good idea!

Queen B said...

smarty. I love innovative thinking!

~~tonya~~ said...

Great idea!!

~~tonya~~ said...

As I was exploring more of your blog I see.............that you are an LSU fan........we will get along very very well. LOLOL Come by and see me!!

just another day in paradise said...

great idea. my mom used to make them with real hot dogs, I think. She must have cut them in two, or something. . .I guess that makes me a strange variation, huh. . .nothing new. : ) Thanks again for the tip.

Jinjer said...

I have never thought of variations of pigs in a blanket...good thinking!

I mom, therefore I blog.