Friday, January 09, 2009

The History of the Bow

Jim is one of five boys.  Before Carolyn was born, there was only one granddaughter in his family and six grandsons.  I fully expected to be the mom of three boys.  We were pleasantly surprised when we found out we were having a girl!  And yes, after having two boys, I loved dressing her up in cute little dresses.  (Not FRILLY, but cute.)  I looked back through our photo albums and this is the first picture I could find of her with a bow in her hair.  She started wearing them very early!
July 2003
She is two months old in this picture. (I know.  The bow is as big as her head, but that is the smallest one I could find that was "really" a bow!)  But cut me some slack; do you see the hair on this kid?

September 2003 
(Forget the bow, look at those adorable chubby legs!)

October 2003
(Hello, can we say "choking hazard?)

November 2003

December 2003
But see the alternative?

And now she is trying to give up the bows.  I'm trying to be okay with it.  Trying.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Love the bow bigger than the head, at least it doesnt look like it is attacking her!

Paula said...

Could she BE any cuter? with or without the bows!

Kim Thomas said...

That hair is unbelievable!

Queen B said...

she is the cutest thing

I mom, therefore I blog.