Tuesday, April 21, 2009

How Does Your Garden Grow?

We started our "garden" today!  With three kids and a dog and red Georgia clay, we go the container route.

Christian toted the bags of dirt and Carolyn dug the holes.
Coleman planted the tomato plants
and Carolyn watered.
The not so fun part of having a 12 year old boy: 
(insert little sister SHRIEKING here.)
The wonderful part of having a 12 year old boy!
We planted three blueberry bushes!  (And by WE, I mean that I purchased them from the store and told Christian where to plant them!)  The kids were ecstatic about the blueberries until I informed them that it would be two years before they produced any fruit.  (From the picture you can see that I'm not kidding about the red Georgia clay!)

We are planning to plant zucchini and red bell peppers and maybe some cilantro, also.  Hopefully I will have better luck with the zucchini this year.

3 comments:

Jane said...

cilantro???? My favorite!!!

Great for salsa

Love the garden!

Queen B said...

ooh, good luck. I really want to do a garden... but composting overwhelms me.

Kim Thomas said...

I am going to be planting cilantro, italian parsley, green onions and most likely do some tomatoes.

Love the shot of Christian's hands

I mom, therefore I blog.