Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Back to the 50's

I have been enjoying my week... this is the first week this summer that we've had no responsibilities or commitments!  We stayed up (way too) late last night watching the LSU game.  It went eleven innings, with LSU pulling out a win.  I let the kids stay up thinking that it was almost over... for two hours!  Needless to say, we all slept in this morning.  Luxury!

And because I AM an 72 year old woman on the inside, this week I have been quilting and baking bread.  And today we even went bowling...

Here is the quilt top I just finished:
I heart heart HEART it!  I saw a quilt similar to this online and thought it looked so happy.  I'm so pleased with the way it turned out.  And I pieced the back with some leftover scraps from the fat quarters.
I think I might like the back as much, if not more than, the front!  I don't have any batting, or I would have begun quilting it tonight.

***********
I made two different bread recipes this week and they were both delicious.  It's been just too hot to cook, so we've had sandwiches on homemade bread and it tastes like we ordered from Panera!  

For printable recipes:

***********
We are going swimming at the lake tomorrow with friends.  I should be cleaning and cooking for our company who are coming Thursday, but doesn't swimming sound so much more fun?

9 comments:

Paula said...

That is a beautiful quilt!!! Hope you & the fam enjoy your visitors! Great talking to you today! So excited! Only 27 more days!
:-)

Queen B said...

I love the quilt. LOL that you are 72yo on the inside. you know how to actually make the heart symbol on the post, right?

Queen B said...

http://queenbisme.blogspot.com/2007/12/pearls-of-wisdom-from-queen.html

Jenn Ann said...

Love love LOVE the quilt! I don't have the patience for quilting but I do partake in another 72 year old activity - crocheting!

Andrea said...

I wish I knew how to crochet! I took a knitting class once, but I DON'T have the patience for that, although I wish I did!!

Jane said...

One word Hero

And I love the stick family at the bottom

Kim Thomas said...

The Oregano-Mozzarella Cheese bread is going to be coming to my kitchen and the quilt looks awesome.

Kim A said...

Wow! The quilt looks great! And HAPPY! I think you have to be 73 years old for the crocheting part to kick in!

Andrea said...

If you are a 72 year old woman then I'm one too!! Oh wait, yeah, I pretty much am...

Love the quilt, and I have to say that the back rocks just as much as the front. I love it when a quilt has a great pieced backing; mine rarely do.

I mom, therefore I blog.