Thursday, July 30, 2009

New Coke (Machine)

(On Wednesday)

Thanks to copious research by JennAnn (poor thing, what else does she have to do while on bedrest!) We located one of the beta sites for the new Freestyle Coke machines in Atlanta.   We drove 40 miles I'm embarrassed to tell you how far Willy's Mexicana Grill is from my house, but anything for the pursuit of science, no?

The machine is beautiful; all slick and shiny with a touch screen and a dispenser for ice and soda.
The selections are endless.  There were some versions of coke products I've never seen before-diet Fanta, etc.
What to choose, what to CHOOSE?
The kids went with Coke the first round. (No surprise there, as this is normally forbidden fruit!)  There were 5 flavors you could add if desired-vanilla, lime, orange, black cherry or grape (ugh.)
 The kids all played it safe; Coleman and Carolyn picked Vanilla and Christian tried the Cherry. 
The screen was a little high for some!
Several rounds later, everyone was happy, happy, HAPPY! And highly caffeinated.
As a nice surprise, the food at Willy's was really good, too!
Will you be ashamed of me if I tell you that I had...Diet Coke? JUST Diet Coke?

8 comments:

Jenn Ann said...

Our dedication to the cause is impressive! Coke should use us as (highly paid) promoters of their fancy new machine. No harm in just having Diet Coke. Should I make the trek to San Diego with Striker, I'll be having caffeine free diet coke courtesy of the aliens :)

Jenn Ann said...

I think we might be making the trek this weekend. I can recline in the car and get dropped off curb side to minimize walking ;) We're going early so the caffeine can wear off and Striker can fall asleep by midnight!

Carpool Queen said...

*shakes head in disbelief*

40 miles, and you didn't add vanilla???

Andrea said...

I KNOW. But you cannot improve upon the Diet Coke Perfection.

Jim said...

And it took me about 12 years to get you to even try diet coke.

Paula said...

That is unparalleled dedication!

Queen B said...

was this the kids' fave takeoff "tuesday" ever?

Kim Thomas said...

How could an annual passholder to the World of Coke never have seen all the flavors?

I mom, therefore I blog.