Thirteen is a hard age. Too big for most toys and too young for most teen stuff. Christian didn't want to have a party. Nor did he really want anything in particular gift-wise. When asked where he would like to go eat for his birthday, he said Jillian's (think Chuckie Cheese's for big kids/grown-ups!) So away we went.
Look quickly! For a minute here they actually look like they LIKE each other! (Most days that's hard to believe, with all of the bickering that goes on at my house.)
Carolyn is holding on for dear life!
Jim is just "helping" Carolyn play.
They didn't make it to the finish line. Carolyn told Jim she was SO DISAPPOINTED in him. HA!
emptying our wallets spending quality time together, we headed home for cake and presents.
Dark chocolate cake with chocolate chips and milk chocolate frosting.
Thirteen gifts for a thirteen year old!
These were so much fun! Thirteen boxes unwrapped in order:
1. thirteen pennies
2. thirteen nickels
3. thirteen dimes
4. thirteen quarters
5. thirteen dollars
6. a thirteen-piece Bionicle lego set (what a lucky find for Mom!)
7. a coupon for thirteen minutes on the computer (since he is currently grounded from it!)
8. thirteen mini-bags of m&ms (his favorite candy)
9. a coupon to stay up thirteen extra minutes at bedtime
10. thirteen pony cans of rootbeer (his favorite soft drink and a real treat!)
11. a coupon for thirteen songs from iTunes
12. a thirteen dollar gift card to the bookstore
13. a gift card to the movies to see a PG-13 movie
These were all a big hit!