Monday, January 26, 2015

US Lacrosse National Convention

I was lucky enough to get to attend National Convention this year!
 And while I was there, I accepted an award for the organization I help lead.  The Gold Stick award was only awarded to 18 programs in the nation.
 I sat in on some of the Major League Lacrosse draft
 and attended tons of demonstrations, clinics and classroom sessions for coaches, officials and administrators.
I also watched an exhibition game of wheelchair lacrosse.
 Although lacrosse is commonly credited to the Native Americans in the Northeastern part of the United States, the Cherokee in Georgia played a version of the game as well.  These are Cherokee sticks.
 Ate a great dinner with great friends in Little Italy.
 Our hotel overlooked the Inner Harbor
 and was right across the street from Camden Yards where we caught the train.
It was a fantastic weekend full of LACROSSE!  I learned so much and I can't wait to go back again next year.

No comments:

I mom, therefore I blog.