Thursday, September 14, 2017

#Irmageddon

Hurricane Irma hit Atlanta on Monday afternoon. We were lucky and didn't have any damage, although the trees were really swaying! And it rained, and rained, and rained....
 Gas was in short supply for a few days given all of the evacuees from Florida and the Georgia coast. (We had the sister of one of my bridesmaids evacuate from Savannah to our cabin for a few days!)
And we lost power Monday evening (along with thousands of other people!) Our power was out for about 24 hours. Not too bad considering.
The candles hide the dust... maybe this is something I should explore further.
 Reading with a booklight was not so bad!
 And school was canceled for three days. Even the kids were ready to go back by Wednesday.
We lost most of the food in the fridge. But bright side-this is probably the cleanest my refrigerator has been since we moved in!

No comments:

I mom, therefore I blog.