Friday, November 16, 2007

Little Chefs

Next week is a short week school-wise and my little cousin is coming early Wednesday morning from Vermont, so the kids and I got a head start on our Thanksgiving cooking tonight.  Sausage Balls are a holiday tradition at the Braun house and I HATE making them...all that ooey-gooey raw sausage under my fingernails grosses me out.  BUT THEY TASTE SO GOOD I always make them.  THIS year, I had two little helpers!  Carolyn added all of the ingredients
and Coleman begged me to let him help make the balls.

 I didn't think he would be able to do it, but his were as good as or better than mine were!  
Maybe next time, I'll just give him the whole bowl and let him do them all.

I'm sure everyone south of the Mason-Dixon has this recipe, but JUST IN CASE...here it is!

Sausage Balls
1 lb sausage, hot or mild
1 1/2 lbs sharp cheddar cheese, grated
3 cups Bisquick

Make sure your ingredients are at room temp.  Mix all ingredients and form into balls.  Cook on a greased baking sheet for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.  May be cooked immediately, refrigerated or frozen for later.

No comments:

I mom, therefore I blog.