Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bag Lady


Every week, Shannon over at Rocks in My Dryer sponsors Works for Me Wednesday.  Bloggers link to her site with their great ideas and tips and we all learn a little something to make life easier.  I've been meaning to do this, oh a month or two, but could never seem to get Wednesday to work for me!  But here I am!  And my Works for Me Wednesday is this: I keep different tote bags packed for our regular outings.  We have one for the library, my Bible study, book club, etc.  The library bag has the receipt for what books were checked out and when they are due.  As the kids finish their books, they put them back in the bag and all I have to do is check that we have them all and go.  Since I have different bags for each thing, I don't have to switch out and possibly forget something.  The bags are hanging on hooks in the coat closet so I can just grab and go!  What is your favorite organizing tool to help get out the door faster?

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I like to take a bag with my Bible study stuff in it with me when I go places where I may have some down time. It is handy to keep it all together that way. Welcome to WFMW! Thanks for sharing!

Nikki said...

This is so smart. I have a regular diaper bag. And we also have a Sunday bag. In the Sunday bag are a few magna doodles and board books and small snacks to keep the kids quiet during the sacrament meeting. But it never occurred to me to make a bag for the library and other places as well. Thank you for sharing it. I look forward to future contributions you have to WFMW!

Totallyscrappy said...

We do this at our house too and it is so handy! Instead of a bag for library books, though, I use a dishpan. It is much easier for the kids to dig through and I can just walk it right up to the library counter.
:)

I mom, therefore I blog.