Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Weather or not to go...

The weather forecast here today was HORRIBLE. Rain, rain and more rain (which of course in Georgia is a good thing, since we are in a terrible drought.) But Troye and I had made plans to walk today and decided to press our luck. It wasn't raining when I pulled into the lot at the park, but it certainly was by the time I put the van in park! We blithered and blathered and whined about how we didn't WANT to go to the gym or WANT to go walk at the mall, we wanted to walk at THE PARK!

And it stopped raining!

So, KNOWING that as soon as we got to the far side of the lake the bottom would fall out, we started walking. Guess what happened? As soon as we got to the far side of the lake the bottom fell out! And it was funny! And we were wet! And so was the dog! And it was funny!

We looked like an ad for a wet T-shirt contest only with flat chests and long sleeve T-shirts (that should put me on some great google searches, huh!) I laughed and told Troye that surely I could get a blog post out of it. She told me I'd better after the horrible post I wrote about us "exercising" last week! So here it is. We redeemed ourselves today. And shouldn't we get double points for walking in the rain?

3 comments:

Troye said...

Triple points!!!

Andrea said...

Quadruple points! Oh wait, we went and ate lunch after...I think that bumps it back down to double points!

Anonymous said...

If you and Troye were "blither, blathering" it was bound to rain eventually.

I mom, therefore I blog.