Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Farmer in the Burbs

We planted our garden this week. With three active kids and two dogs, the "garden" is safer in pots on the deck than out in the yard!
Carolyn and Coleman filled the pots with dirt. Christian was the muscle-man lugging the pots from the basement to the garage for dirt to the deck.
I really like the reindeer pot. I think it adds a festive air to the summer garden, don' t you think?
Say cheese, kids! (They're not programmed for picture-taking or anything!)
We planted tomatoes and zucchini. I'll admit, some years we've had less success than others. I have high hopes for this year, since a little someone at my house is obsessed with the watering can. This year the plants may rot instead of burning up!

1 comment:

Kim Thomas said...

Inspiring! This year, I am going to plant a garden. It will definitely include: (1) Green Onions, (2) tomatoes (3) Basil (4) Cilantro (5) thyme (6) zuchini

I mom, therefore I blog.