Friday, April 18, 2008

The Strawberries Are Ready!

The strawberries are ready to be picked. I'm ready to go, but our crazy schedule hasn't allowed us to make the trek down to the pick-your-own farm we go to. Never fear- Mrs. Karen to the rescue! She brought us a HUGE bucket of fresh-picked strawberries! Yesterday was a beautiful spring day. The weather was warm but not hot, the sun was shining and life was good on the front porch! Kim and Karen and Stacey and I (and various assorted kids) sat and rocked and soaked in the sunshine. And ate strawberries. They were divine.
And juicy. And red!
Oh, but that's not all. She also brought us a homemade poundcake. And it was Elvis's favorite recipe. And now, after sampling it, I know that Elvis KNEW good poundcake!
(Thanks Mrs. Karen-you are the BOMB!)

No comments:

I mom, therefore I blog.