Wednesday, September 24, 2008

There's a Wocket in My Pocket

I have shoe organizers on the inside door of almost every closet in our house.  We really don't use them for shoes, though-that would be WAY too much trouble.  Most of the members of my family find that throwing shoes in the bottom of the closet (or even better, the middle of the floor) is a much more effective storage solution.  In the office closet, I use it to store office supplies-much easier than searching through a drawer or bin full of other things.  Especially when I'm looking for something bulky like the three hole punch or the paper cutter.  In the playroom it holds barbies and action heroes and even some craft supplies.  In my sewing room the organizer has boxes of safety pins and buttons to cover and measuring tapes, etc.  The clear pocket ones are especially good for kids.  It works for me! Now head on over to Shannon's for more Works For Me Wednesday tips.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh you have an office *fights off jealousy*.

Great tip, I'll be keeping my eye out for some of these.

Thanks

Jenny said...

Great idea! I consider myself pretty creative, but I've never thought to use those things for anything other than shoes. This might be just the thing to solve my bathroom storage problem. Thanks so much for the tip!

Amy said...

I love this idea - thanks!

Kim Thomas said...

You are so smart! I love your tips!

Leslie said...

Thank you for this idea! My kids collect stuffed animals and they have tons of them and they never stay on their beds, they are always all over their rooms. Yesterday I read this tip, went out to Walmart and bought 3 of these shoe holders. All of the stuffed animals that would fit are now peeking out of pockets on the backs of their bedroom doors. Its cute, gets them off the floor, and gives me some sanity back! thank you!!!

I mom, therefore I blog.