Sunday, June 07, 2009

The Season That Just. Won't. End

The boys were invited to play in a lacrosse tournament this weekend.  In Charlotte, NC.  It was last minute, but we were all excited to get away from VBS preparations go!  We left Friday evening and got to the hotel and discovered that THERE WAS AN INDOOR/OUTDOOR POOL! That you could swim from INSIDE to OUTSIDE.  The kids were in heaven.  So even though it was late, we let them wear themselves out swim for a while before going to bed.

On Saturday, the boys played four lacrosse games.  I'm tired just typing it.  See my lovely pictures?








Oh, that's right, I HAVE NO PICTURES because I have NO camera.  

~Insert crying sound here~

But the kids and Coach Jim had fun and I had a blast with some great parents on the sidelines.  After the last game, a group of us (8 parents and 12 kids!) went to dinner.  The kids were so wiped out they all behaved beautifully.  Of course, as soon as they got a little food in them, they were raring to go again!

We drove home last night and dropped into bed exhausted.  Needless to say, we all got a great night's sleep!

1 comment:

Queen B said...

key to parenting: deprive them of food and wear them out ;)

sounds like a fun weekend :)

I mom, therefore I blog.