Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Homemade Pesto with Angel Hair Pasta

I'm sure that I've mentioned that Jim is Italian on his mother's side. And I've never met a carb pasta that I didn't like. So it is unthinkable to me that my kids don't really like red sauce!
Although this may be hereditary...Jim's mom always made his little brother Chris a chicken pot pie every Thursday and Sunday when they had macaroni and gravy (pasta and red sauce to all of us non-Italians!)

This pesto recipe makes everyone happy! It's very light and summery-not as strong as the stuff from a jar. I made a big batch for dinner Sunday night and sauteed chicken breasts in olive oil with Tony Chacheres to go with it. There was barely a helping left for lunch and the kids fought over who got to take it! (You know they liked it if they are fighting over the leftovers!)

You can't get any easier than this:

Homemade Pesto with Angel Hair Pasta

2 cups fresh basil leaves

½ cup light olive oil

2 ½ Tbsp pine nuts

3 garlic cloves, chopped

½ tsp salt

¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese

½ lb angel hair pasta, prepared according to package directions

In food processor or blender, blend basil and olive oil on medium speed. Add remaining ingredients except pasta and process, scraping the sides. Serve over pasta. Never heat pesto!

For printable recipe, click here.

2 comments:

Carpool Queen said...

Have you ever tried a pecan pesto? It's yummo!

Kim Thomas said...

I love me some Pesto.....I'll be making this.

I mom, therefore I blog.