Friday, January 01, 2010

Saving the Spot

Kim Thomas saved our spot for the Rose Parade on Halloween. Even though the spot was marked, it was necessary to hold our territory when the latecomers showed up on New Year's Eve. Someone had to stand in the spot all day... no chairs allowed until noon!
Not many people out at 7 AM on New Years' Eve.
But look at the difference a few hours makes!
We had a FANTASTIC meal Thursday night (thanks Kim, Ms. Carol and Becca!)
and then the teenagers (Christian included!) camped out all night to keep our territory! (That's Christian in the back green sleeping bag.)
Friday Morning:

2 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

I can't believe that I didn't experience any of this. What a sad way to bring in the New Year! New Years Eve is my second favorite day of the year (Christmas is first)

Queen B said...

looks like fun! yay for the teenagers camping out :)

I mom, therefore I blog.