Friday, April 30, 2010

Where Everybody Knows Your Name

Jim and Andrea, Boston, Mass, October 1994
Jim and I made a whirlwind one-day road trip to Boston from Connecticut when we were up there visiting his family. We left before dark Saturday morning and drove the four hours up to Boston. (Correction, I drove the four hours up... Jim was sleeping off some late night "fun" with his brothers from the night before!)

We did "Boston at a glance". Our first stop was the Bunker Hill Memorial. Don't underestimate how many steps it is to go 221 feet up round and round up an obelisk! We then walked the 2 and a half mile long Freedom Trail. As you can imagine, I enjoyed this day a lot more than Jim did! I think we must have come upon the Cheers bar accidentally. I do remember that there was a long line of people waiting to get in, but they let us cut the line since we just wanted to get our picture made in front of it. And I am so glad to have photographic evidence of me rocking the high-waist jeans.

And truly, Jim and I look like babies we are so young!

5 comments:

Jenn Ann said...

My first thought when I saw the photo was "you can date this photo by the jeans" ;) The early 90s were such a special time...

Jane said...

Hey I think those are my jeans you are wearing

KFuj said...

A special time that should never come back except in our memories ;-)

Troye said...

We're going in a couple of weeks. I can't wait. Can I borrow those jeans?

Queen B said...

hottt

HAHA. yeah, I bet you had a much better time than Jim did. Love that you were cramming in the sightseeing. It was like a Take-off Tuesday :)

I mom, therefore I blog.