Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Colonial Williamsburg-The Palace

The Governor's Palace anchored one end of the town and sat at the end of the Palace Green.
 (Look, I'm in a photo!)
 We took a guided tour of the building from one of the housekeepers.
The foyer walls were covered in swords and guns-the boys were very impressed!
 
 The back of the building was as impressive as the front and led to the formal gardens
 The kids and Jim went through the maze and then we went through the kitchen.  The French chef talked about all of the foods he was preparing and they looked delicious!
Jim said the Palace tour was his favorite part of Williamsburg.

1 comment:

Queen B said...

I am reading all 15 posts you did while I was in Europe, but not commenting on all. I feel I need to on The Palace one, though ;)

Looks like y'all had an amazing, memorable time!

PS: loving the new banner picture :)

I mom, therefore I blog.