On our day for art camp, we tie dyed! To prep, I prewashed our items.
Then we twisted and rubber-banded them.
The girls tie dyed tshirts, socks and bucket hats.
Once the items were ready to tie, I soaked them in soda ash for 20 minutes while the girls played.
Then they suited up and we broke out the dye! The girls had a blast deciding where to squirt the colors.
I was surprised at how little mess there was! While I cleaned up, the girls had a lunch of NOT SANDWICHES.
We will definitely do this again-the tie dying was pretty simple and after searching for information online, I've found several other projects that I want to try!