Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!

Today was Mardi Gras and we celebrated New Orleans style in Atlanta!  Except that we had to go to school instead of the parades, of course.  I took beads and doubloons to Carolyn's and Coleman's classes and read my favorite Mardi Gras book to them.  Then we made handprint masks and chowed down on king cake!

Carolyn making her mask
Coleman and his teacher
And since we couldn't be there on St. Charles Avenue today, here is a short video of the Endymion parade Saturday night.










(Yes, that is Kidd Rock, this year's grand marshall.)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

OMG...I so want to be your kid!! Don't get me wrong, my mom was/is great, but she never just showed up to my class with cake, beads, and a craft project!!

BTW...I love those masks, who'd a thunk it!!

I mom, therefore I blog.